Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love how the day gets a little shorter, cooler and cozier. Plus, it is the apple season! It is time to pull out the Waldorf Salad recipe once again. Here is what you will need for a salad for about 6 servings:
- 6 medium apples ( diced – pick your kind)
- 2 lemons
- 1 bag of dry cranberries
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup walnuts ( diced)
1. Dice your apples, celery and walnuts and throw into a salad bowl. Dry cranberries are just the right size you don’t have to do anything with them but open the bag and throw them in!
*Should look something like this once you are done dicing:
2. Squeeze some lemon juice out of fresh lemons ( do not use the store bought lemon juice, won’t taste as good!). Learn how to juice a lemon here. Click on the video and watch how to :) You might need a citrus juicer.
3. For the dressing, mix about 1/2 cup of mayo with 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
4. Here comes the tricky part! Add sugar as desired. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and mix it in. Taste the dressing and check if it it sweet enough for you, if not, add another 1/2 teaspoon. If you are like me, you will probabaly end up adding at least 1 tsp in there. Maybe even 1.5. It is up to you!
5. Mix really well to get rid of any lumps, add to your ingredients and mix once again. Try not to over mix to avoid making the apples fall apart. You do not want them mushy! The lemon juice will prevent the apples from turning brown :)