You have probably noticed by now that I’m a huge fan of simple, quick and healthy meals. There is nothing like getting home from work and putting together a nutritious, satisfying meal in ten minutes! And that is exactly what I did the other day and here it is!
Ingredients ( for 2):
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5-2 cups raw baby spinach
- 1/3 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6-8 oz tofu
- 1/2 avocado ( sliced)
- 1 Trader Joe’s pouch of brown rice ( see below)
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil on your pan on high until it is nice and runny!
2. Throw the spinach on there and then sprinkle with oregano, lower the heat at this point…
3. Let this cook for about 3-4 minutes on low-med heat. In the mean time, slice up your tofu into small 1 oz cubes ( they don’t have to be even, look at mine!) and throw them onto the spinach….
4. Add soy sauce and mix it all around a bit! Your tofu will absorb the soy sauce flavor as well as the oregano flavor. You can also add the black pepper now.
5. Let this cook for a few minutes, no more than 8 and at the end, throw some sliced avocado on top! DONE!
What about starch?! Because sometimes we need a lazy meal, I recommend this rice from Trader Joe’s (you can use whatever type of rice you got on hand!):
And this is really all I did with it:
In the end, you put the two together and you get this:
- Whole Grain
- Dark Leafy Green Veggie
- Heart Healthy Fats
Got a great recipe? Send over to email@example.com